The ABA has launched LegallyMinded, an online social networking site. Its tag line is "Legal Professionals. Your Community. Your Network."
It allows attorneys to make connections on-line. Yet, you do not have to be a member of the ABA to join. Take a few minutes to poke around the site and register. It looks interesting.
From "About LegallyMinded":
The community fuses cutting-edge social networking features, top-notch news and articles, and user-generated content. LegallyMinded enables you to:
- Connect with Peers. Expand your professional network using member-matching features to discover like-minded professionals. Find mentors, research employers, or meet new friends.
- Share Knowledge. Exchange ideas, files, and schedules within virtual groups and engage with other members via blogs, wikis, chats, and discussion groups.
- Explore Resources. LegallyMinded editors scour the Internet for the best content on Careers, Education, Practice Management, and Diversity, among other topics.
- Schedule Meetings. Set up meetings with community members using your integrated calendar.
- Voice Your Opinions. Rate and comment on community content.
The site is presented by the American Bar Association, the world's largest voluntary professional association. However, membership to LegallyMinded is free, and you are not required to become an ABA member to participate.
Hat Tip: Larry Bodine's LawMarketing Blog